Icedove still mentioned in stable install doc
Nikolai Kraus
2017-07-11 14:40:02 UTC
The Debian GNU/Linux Installation Guide at
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/index.html.en mentions
Icedove as the current name for Thunderbird.

Pages
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/ch08s05.html.en
and
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/amd64/ch08s05.html.en

read "[...] or Mozilla's thunderbird (in Debian available as
icedove[19]) [...]"
with [19] "The reason that thunderbird has been renamed to icedove in
Debian has to do with licensing issues. Details are outside the scope of
this manual.".

https://wiki.debian.org/Thunderbird claims that Icedove as been replaced
by Thunderbird as of
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=816679/.
Baptiste Jammet
2017-07-11 21:00:01 UTC
Hello,

(forward to -boot who is in charge of the installation guide)
Post by Nikolai Kraus
The Debian GNU/Linux Installation Guide at
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/index.html.en mentions
Icedove as the current name for Thunderbird.
Thanks for the notice.
I didn't find any other mention of icedove nor iceweasel. Here is a
trivial patch I could apply if nobody runs faster.

Baptiste
Holger Wansing
2017-07-13 19:50:01 UTC
Post by Nikolai Kraus
The Debian GNU/Linux Installation Guide at
https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/i386/index.html.en mentions
Icedove as the current name for Thunderbird.
Thanks for the notice.
I didn't find any other mention of icedove nor iceweasel. Here is a
trivial patch I could apply if nobody runs faster.
Committed (with one small additional changing).
Thanks

Holger
Created with Sylpheed 3.5.0 under
D E B I A N L I N U X 8 . 0 " J E S S I E " .