Work on debian-faq?
Holger Wansing
2016-02-11 20:40:02 UTC

there are some bugreports for debian-faq, with patches provided.

May I help on them?
I have commit rights on the svn repository, so I would be able to do some
work on debian-faq...
I could provide a diff before every commit, if wanted.

What do you think?

Holger
Created with Sylpheed 3.5.0 under
D E B I A N L I N U X 8 . 0 " J E S S I E " .

Holger Wansing
2016-02-20 18:10:02 UTC
Post by Holger Wansing
Hi,
there are some bugreports for debian-faq, with patches provided.
May I help on them?
I have commit rights on the svn repository, so I would be able to do some
work on debian-faq...
I could provide a diff before every commit, if wanted.
What do you think?
There is a bugreport, filed by myself :-)
with a patch.

It contains many typo fixes, missing or unnecessary commas/dots etc.
These changings should be indisputable, nothing to discuss about, so
I think they should get committed. (The above bugreport also contains
some other changings, which might be worth to discuss about, but I would
leave such changings out for this first step.)
I could provide a patch, which contains only that indisputable fixes,
where the fixes do not affect the translations. So I would also unfuzzy
the po files, to not bother the respective translators with that
(all active translations are po-based; there is only zh_CN which is
sgml-based, but that's heavily outdated already, so no need to care about
that).
Po-based translations are in a very good shape, nearly all are 100% translated,
so unfuzzying is easy.

What do you think?
Any objections for this?
Should I prepare the above mentioned patch?

Holger Wansing
2016-03-21 02:30:02 UTC
Hi Javier,
Post by Holger Wansing
Post by Holger Wansing
[...]
I have prepared this patch some days ago, and now I saw it is corrupted
due to this commit:
http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/ddp/manuals/trunk/debian-faq/basic_defs.sgml?r1=10448&r2=11070

So I will prepare a patch once more, will provide it here, and then commit
it 2 days later, if noone objects.

I hope you don't mind

Holger
Holger Wansing <***@mailbox.org>
Holger Wansing
2016-03-21 18:40:01 UTC
Post by Holger Wansing
Post by Holger Wansing
[...]
Here is the proposed patch.

Adam D. Barratt
2016-03-21 19:50:02 UTC
Post by Holger Wansing
Here is the proposed patch.
fwiw:

-brilliant concept, if you ask me. But things are alwasy not so simple. Consider
+brilliant concept, if you ask me. But things are always not so simple. Consider

s/always not/not always/

(I don't particularly like starting sentences with "but", but that's
another discussion.)

Regards,

Adam
Holger Wansing
2016-03-22 09:20:02 UTC
Post by Adam D. Barratt
Post by Holger Wansing
Here is the proposed patch.
-brilliant concept, if you ask me. But things are alwasy not so simple. Consider
+brilliant concept, if you ask me. But things are always not so simple. Consider
s/always not/not always/
Yeah, thanks for the hint.

Holger

Sent from my Jolla phone
Holger Wansing
2016-03-28 17:50:04 UTC
Post by Holger Wansing
Post by Holger Wansing
So I will prepare a patch once more, will provide it here, and then commit
it 2 days later, if noone objects.
Here is the proposed patch.
I have committed this patch, and will now unfuzzy the translations, where
applicable.

Holger Wansing
2016-03-28 21:10:02 UTC
Post by Holger Wansing
I have committed this patch, and will now unfuzzy the translations, where
applicable.
During unfuzzing translations, I noticed there were masses of strings marked
as fuzzy without any visible difference between current and previous msgid.
They were initiated by the make update-po run.

I had to look for a tool, that shows me the differences between current and
previous msgid in detail / character-based.
And I found this thread:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2011/01/msg00088.html
where Lokalize is proposed for this job.

With Lokalize I found, that the differences are just because of line breaks
being moved inside of the lines, maybe some sort of changed behaviour in
breaking the lines?
No real differences anyway.
So I have unfuzzied these cases by hand and will commit them in a second step.

Additionally, in the russian ru.po I had many cases, where fuzzy marks
were caused by a swap of "name= " and "id= " inside of an <url ... >
construct.
I remember there was a bug in po4a causing such things, maybe this is a
leftover from this? We will see ...

reason was the fuzzy was.

Part 1 of my debian-faq fixes (according to
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=788361 ) is now done.

Holger
--
Holger Wansing <***@mailbox.org>