DR has moved to salsa
Osamu Aoki
2018-03-10 14:00:02 UTC

Debian Reference has moved to salsa.debian.org service.

https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debian-reference
(See page here for more info.)

Also, a new package is uploaded with systemd init info:

https://tracker.debian.org/pkg/debian-reference

It should show up in a day or so:
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/

I will package if any translations are updated to this new one.

Please note people contributing via weblate needs to talk to whoever
coordinating to set it up properly with salsa. I don't have access to
weblate.

I see new translations:

id -- keep it up. Looks OK but needs more work.
nb -- I see translation needs to be tested before committing.
Bad shape. Please read https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debian-reference

If you are capable technically and wish to have commit access to salsa
git repository for debian-reference, please ask it with your guest
account and rationale and proof-of-your-previous-work to me or any DD.

Osamu
Boyuan Yang
2018-03-10 14:40:02 UTC
Hi Osamu,

Thanks for migrating debian-reference to Salsa.
Post by Osamu Aoki
Please note people contributing via weblate needs to talk to whoever
coordinating to set it up properly with salsa. I don't have access to
weblate.
I took a look at git repos and found that all translations after v2.70
are not included in v2.71.

I don't know about how to update repository on Weblate. However, there is
a public read-only(?) git access available:

git://git.weblate.org/debian-reference

...and that can be used to merge translations from Weblate and changes
on Salsa repository.
Post by Osamu Aoki
id -- keep it up. Looks OK but needs more work.
nb -- I see translation needs to be tested before committing.
Bad shape. Please read https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debian-reference
I noticed that you disabled PDF generation for Chinese (zh-*). Is there any
problems with Chinese PDF pages? I am willing to help fixing any
remaining issues.

--
Thanks,
Boyuan Yang
Osamu Aoki
2018-03-10 16:00:01 UTC
Post by Osamu Aoki
Please note people contributing via weblate needs to talk to whoever
coordinating to set it up properly with salsa. I don't have access to
weblate.
I took a look at git repos and found that all translations after v2.70
are not included in v2.71.
I don't know about how to update repository on Weblate. However, there is
git://git.weblate.org/debian-reference
...and that can be used to merge translations from Weblate and changes
on Salsa repository.
Yes but that is very time consuming for me to keep merging.

If it is one time merging done after re-pointing it to salsa, I can
help. It is simple copying and doing "make po" to sync with the new
source. Whoever has admin right, please cordinate with me to update
things.
Post by Boyuan Yang
Post by Osamu Aoki
id -- keep it up. Looks OK but needs more work.
nb -- I see translation needs to be tested before committing.
Bad shape. Please read
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/debian-reference
I noticed that you disabled PDF generation for Chinese (zh-*). Is
there any problems with Chinese PDF pages? I am willing to help fixing
any remaining issues.
It used to be fine. I didn't have time to debug today ... thus simply
disabled. Usually, with next texlive, things will be OK.

Let's keep trying ... if it builds, prompt me to rebuild.

Osamu
Osamu Aoki
2018-03-11 08:50:01 UTC
Post by Osamu Aoki
Please note people contributing via weblate needs to talk to whoever
coordinating to set it up properly with salsa. I don't have access to
weblate.
I took a look at git repos and found that all translations after v2.70
are not included in v2.71.
I merged commit to po from:

url = git://git.weblate.org/debian-reference
commit ce9fbb5316c113622c9248ef79cf87e0eca0e767
Author: druppi86 <***@gmail.com>
Date: Wed Feb 21 23:00:02 2018 +0000

Post by Osamu Aoki
Post by Boyuan Yang
I noticed that you disabled PDF generation for Chinese (zh-*). Is
there any problems with Chinese PDF pages? I am willing to help fixing
any remaining issues.
It used to be fine. I didn't have time to debug today ... thus simply
disabled. Usually, with next texlive, things will be OK.
Now it fails with ja ... for PDF.

I will disable PDF for CJK for now.

Osamu
Osamu Aoki
2018-03-11 12:50:02 UTC
Post by Osamu Aoki
Now it fails with ja ... for PDF.
Fixed. It was po/*.add problem. (Fr, pt, ,... fixed)

I will disable PDF for zh-* for now.

All weblate latest PO are merged.

Will upload updated package soon ...

Osamu
Boyuan Yang
2018-03-11 17:10:02 UTC
[Dropping various individual copies and adding hertzog & debian-i18n
as receiver]

Hi Raphael,

I noticed that debian-handbook is maintained by you. The translation of
debian-handbook is currently hosted on Weblate. Besides, on the weblate
project page of debian-reference [2] there is a link pointing to debian-handbook
repository (not debian-reference repository).

As a result, I'm wondering if you know the person who has admin access
to debian-reference project on Hosted Weblate. The upstream git repo
of debian-reference has switched to Salsa so those information on [2]
needs to be updated in order to keep weblate translation working.

See also
* https://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2018/03/msg00004.html
* https://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2018/03/msg00009.html

Any kind of help would be appreciated.

--
Thanks!
Boyuan Yang

[2] https://hosted.weblate.org/projects/debian-reference/#information
Date: Wed Feb 21 23:00:02 2018 +0000
Holger Wansing
2018-03-11 18:00:02 UTC
Post by Boyuan Yang
[Dropping various individual copies and adding hertzog & debian-i18n
as receiver]
Hi Raphael,
I noticed that debian-handbook is maintained by you. The translation of
debian-handbook is currently hosted on Weblate. Besides, on the weblate
project page of debian-reference [2] there is a link pointing to debian-handbook
repository (not debian-reference repository).
As a result, I'm wondering if you know the person who has admin access
to debian-reference project on Hosted Weblate. The upstream git repo
of debian-reference has switched to Salsa so those information on [2]
needs to be updated in order to keep weblate translation working.
See also
* https://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2018/03/msg00004.html
* https://lists.debian.org/debian-doc/2018/03/msg00009.html
And he has already been asked by Osamu today in above mail.
So no need to worry any further.

Holger
Created with Sylpheed 3.5.1 under
D E B I A N L I N U X 9 " S T R E T C H " .

Osamu Aoki
2018-03-12 14:10:02 UTC
Yes ...

I already got admin position to weblate debian-reference git repo from
Michal Čihař and ***@163.com has write access to salsa
debian-reference git repo.

Thanks,

Osamu