Why pipeline fail
sebul
2022-08-24 15:10:01 UTC
Hello, I failed a pipeline when I committed translation.
https://salsa.debian.org/sebul-guest/release-notes/-/commit/83f09cfb54b2e6258f7732ee709fcd63ced997e0
Help me please.
Holger Wansing
2022-08-24 17:40:01 UTC
Post by sebul
Hello, I failed a pipeline when I committed translation.
https://salsa.debian.org/sebul-guest/release-notes/-/commit/83f09cfb54b2e6258f7732ee709fcd63ced997e0
Help me please.
Clicking on the red X shows, that it's the spellcheck part of the
pipeline, which failed.
Don't know anything about spellchecking mechanism for Korean though.

Holger
Sent from /e/ OS on Fairphone3
Justin B Rye
2022-08-24 18:10:01 UTC
Post by Holger Wansing
Post by sebul
Hello, I failed a pipeline when I committed translation.
https://salsa.debian.org/sebul-guest/release-notes/-/commit/83f09cfb54b2e6258f7732ee709fcd63ced997e0
Help me please.
Clicking on the red X shows, that it's the spellcheck part of the
pipeline, which failed.
Don't know anything about spellchecking mechanism for Korean though.
Nor do I, but it seems to be failing on spellchecking the *English*
version of upgrading.dbk. In particular, it's complaining about the
mount-option string "ro" that occurs twice in:

# <programlisting>
#/dev/sr0 /media/cdrom auto noauto,ro 0 0
# </programlisting>
# <para>
# Note that there must be <emphasis>no spaces</emphasis> between the words
# <literal>noauto,ro</literal> in the fourth field.
# </para>

It seems unlikely that this text has changed, so maybe it's a
regression in codespell - maybe it has somehow lost the ability to
recognise <programlisting> and <literal> strings as code that it
shouldn't be spellchecking? I see there's a new version in sid...
--
JBR with qualifications in linguistics, experience as a Debian
Paul Wise
2022-08-25 01:00:01 UTC
Post by Justin B Rye
It seems unlikely that this text has changed, so maybe it's a
regression in codespell - maybe it has somehow lost the ability to
recognise <programlisting> and <literal> strings as code that it
shouldn't be spellchecking?  I see there's a new version in sid...
I don't think codespell knows anything about formats other than plain
text, so I think the issue would be in layers above codespell.
--
bye,
pabs

https://wiki.debian.org/PaulWise
victory
2022-08-25 06:20:01 UTC
Post by Paul Wise
Post by Justin B Rye
It seems unlikely that this text has changed, so maybe it's a
regression in codespell - maybe it has somehow lost the ability to
recognise <programlisting> and <literal> strings as code that it
shouldn't be spellchecking?  I see there's a new version in sid...
I don't think codespell knows anything about formats other than plain
text, so I think the issue would be in layers above codespell.
just FYI:
the line was added just after the previous 2.1 release,
and 2.1 doesn't have it
you can say it's regression now
but you can consider adding an entry to (maybe) dictionary_code.txt

commit info (addresses removed):
---
Author: luzpaz 2021-06-12 23:56:56
Committer: GitHub 2021-06-12 23:56:56
Parent: aaeb072f2d97f2c8ae179ae2534fb37cd98bc5a9 (Add variations for
associate, distribute, nonsense, prefix, profile, without (#1912))
Child: f5abc6905a159e09442cd202c1cc4cd7303bce2e (Added typos variations
for 'dissymmetry' (#1826))
Branches: master, remotes/origin/master,
remotes/origin/peternewman-sort-suggestions,
remotes/origin/revert-2346-master,
remotes/origin/skip-adn-readme-followup1535
Follows: v2.1.0
Precedes: v2.2.0

Add several spelling corrections + refinements (#1835)
---

victory