Book about packaging
Mechtilde Stehmann
2020-09-14 16:30:01 UTC
Hello,

for all who kinow about the book about packaging. I told about it in a
Lightning talk at Debconf 20. Tthis is available under

https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/dpb

You can clone it from there.

Now it is prepared for translation. I published it as *.po files from
the *.tex file. The first language I prepared is en_US.

If someone wants to start with a different language, give me a hint.

Kind regards
--
Mechtilde Stehmann
## Debian Developer
## F0E3 7F3D C87A 4998 2899 39E7 F287 7BBA 141A AD7F
Holger Wansing
2020-09-14 20:10:02 UTC
Post by Mechtilde Stehmann
Hello,
for all who kinow about the book about packaging. I told about it in a
Lightning talk at Debconf 20. Tthis is available under
https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/dpb
You can clone it from there.
Now it is prepared for translation. I published it as *.po files from
the *.tex file. The first language I prepared is en_US.
If someone wants to start with a different language, give me a hint.
We should say, that this book was originally written in German, right?
So currently available languages are German + English.

Schönen Gruß
Holger
--
Holger Wansing <***@mailbox.org>
PGP-Fingerprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508 3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076
Mechtilde Stehmann
2020-09-15 07:50:02 UTC
Hello Holger,
Post by Holger Wansing
Hi,
Post by Mechtilde Stehmann
Hello,
for all who kinow about the book about packaging. I told about it in a
Lightning talk at Debconf 20. Tthis is available under
https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/dpb
You can clone it from there.
Now it is prepared for translation. I published it as *.po files from
the *.tex file. The first language I prepared is en_US.
If someone wants to start with a different language, give me a hint.
We should say, that this book was originally written in German, right?
So currently available languages are German + English.
Yes the book is written in German. I prepared the files to a possible
translation to English.

Kind regards
Francewhoa
2020-09-15 18:20:02 UTC
Thanks Mechtilde for your contribution to the Debian community :)

I would like to e-introduce you to both Ondřej & Raphaël. They are
interested in Debian packaging. They contributed lots of packages. So
your contributed "Debian Package Book" might be of interest to them. I
copied them on this email.

If you do not already know Ondřej & Raphaël, their contact information
is below. I'm assuming you know Raphaël as he is listed in the
"literatur" author section of your book||

*Ondřej SurÃœ*
• https://deb.sury.org/#contacts
• ***@sury.org
• https://twitter.com/debsuryorg