release date on website with notes
Jeremy Brown
2021-11-10 12:30:02 UTC

My computer has had a number of malware incidents, so I am taking extra
precautions. This morning I got an update notification about my os. Is
there somewhere I can get notices directly from the debian website with an
offical date and with release notes etc...?

Thank you!

Jeremy
Joost van Baal-Ilić
2021-11-10 12:50:03 UTC
Hi Jeremy,
Post by Jeremy Brown
My computer has had a number of malware incidents, so I am taking extra
precautions. This morning I got an update notification about my os. Is
there somewhere I can get notices directly from the debian website with an
offical date and with release notes etc...?
Thanks for your interest in Debian.

I think installing and learning about the packages unattended-upgrades and
check-support-status might get you closer to your goal.

If you give more details about your setup and precise goal, I (or others)
can give you better advise. (E.g.: what "update notification" exactly did
you get?)

BTW, you've mailed your question to debian-***@l.d.o, this list is meant
as a communication platform for people working on Debian's documentation.
This issue is more suitable for debian-***@l.d.o, Cc and Reply-To set
accordingly.

Hope this helps you! Bye,

Joost