Q: update release notes translation
Hideki Yamane
2016-09-05 13:50:02 UTC

I've committed release notes update for Japanese long time ago (2015-11-01),
but it is not still translated in website[0].

What should I do for update it, could someone tell me, please?

[0] https://www.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/release-notes/ch-information.ja.html#systemd-sigkill-regression

Please CC: me since I don't subscribe this list.
--
Regards,

Hideki Yamane henrich @ debian.or.jp/org
http://wiki.debian.org/HidekiYamane
Baptiste Jammet
2016-09-05 14:30:02 UTC
Hello,
Post by Hideki Yamane
I've committed release notes update for Japanese long time ago (2015-11-01),
but it is not still translated in website[0].
There is a Jessie branche since Sun Sep 27 08:49:38 2015 UTC:
https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/ddp/manuals/branches/release-notes/jessie/
and I think the website is built using it.

Baptiste
Hideki Yamane
2016-09-08 12:40:02 UTC
On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 16:05:57 +0200
Post by Baptiste Jammet
https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/ddp/manuals/branches/release-notes/jessie/
and I think the website is built using it.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of it. Committed to jessie branch.

Hideki Yamane
2016-10-02 16:30:01 UTC

On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 16:05:57 +0200
I've updated Jessie branch but it is still not changed.
When and who kicks to stable release note update?

Baptiste Jammet
2016-10-04 12:30:02 UTC
Post by Hideki Yamane
I've updated Jessie branch but it is still not changed.
When and who kicks to stable release note update?
I've tracked from cron task :
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debwww/cron.git/tree/
to the build logs :
https://www-master.debian.org/build-logs/webwml/release-notes.log

It seems that the japanes build failed at some point (Jessie only) :

Creating documents for amd64, language: ja
make[2]: Entering directory '/srv/www.debian.org/release-notes/jessie'
mkdir -p ja/release-notes.amd64.html/images
cp debian.css ja/release-notes.amd64.html
cp /usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/images/*.png \
ja/release-notes.amd64.html/images
cp -f png/*.png \
ja/release-notes.amd64.html/images
cd ja && xsltproc --nonet --novalid --xinclude --stringparam draft.mode
maybe -o release-notes.amd64.html/ \
--stringparam html.ext .ja.html \
/srv/www.debian.org/release-notes/jessie/html.xsl
release-notes.amd64.xml
release-notes.amd64.xml:1: parser error : Document is empty

^
unable to parse release-notes.amd64.xml
Makefile:169: recipe for target
'ja/release-notes.amd64.html/index.ja.html' failed
make[2]: *** [ja/release-notes.amd64.html/index.ja.html] Error 6
make[2]: Leaving directory '/srv/www.debian.org/release-notes/jessie'

Could it be this ? (whats-new.po) :
152 "最後に、Debian 6.0 ならびに 7 にてテクノロジープレビューとして含められていた "
153 "FreeBSD カーネルへの Debian 移植版である、<systemitem role=\"arch\">kfreebsd-"
154 "amd64</systemitem> および systemitem
role=\"arch\">kfreebsd-i386</systemitem> "
^^^Missing opening tag <

By the way, looking for trivial typo, I fond this one in issues.po :
1249 "Debia での LXC についての追加情報については、<ulink url=\"&url-wiki;LXC"
^ n?
1250 ">Debian wiki 内</ulink> で検索できます。"

Baptiste
(discovering the complexity of the autobuilding mechanism !)
Hideki Yamane
2016-10-09 22:50:01 UTC
On Tue, 04 Oct 2016 14:20:14 +0200
Thanks, fixed and checked proper translation is in website :)

Osamu Aoki
2016-10-15 13:10:01 UTC
Post by Hideki Yamane
Hi,
On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 16:05:57 +0200
I think SVN repo is moved to GIT but I am not sure..
Post by Hideki Yamane
I've updated Jessie branch but it is still not changed.
When and who kicks to stable release note update?
I do not know where is the most current repo.
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/jcristau/release-notes.git/
This has commit on April 2015
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/users/nthykier/release-notes.git/
This is a bit older.
I cced them :-)

https://wiki.debian.org/ReleaseNotes
This is outdated.
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=release-notes
Maybe you file a bug report. The following is untrue now.
https://www.debian.org/releases/testing/amd64/release-notes/ch-about.en.html#bug-reports

Osamu
Julien Cristau
2016-10-15 13:10:02 UTC
Post by Osamu Aoki
Hi,
Post by Hideki Yamane
Hi,
On Mon, 05 Sep 2016 16:05:57 +0200
I think SVN repo is moved to GIT but I am not sure..
As far as I know, the release notes are still in ddp svn.

Cheers,
Julien