debian-refcard: package upload?
Holger Wansing
2016-07-09 09:20:01 UTC
Hi all,

in the past months I updated the debian refcard package, and poked
translators to get updated translations as well. We even got a new translation,
Serbian !

Now it seems there is no more progress on this, although there are some
translation updates missing (Arabic, Galician, Lithuanian, Romanian, Turkish
and Ukranian).
But I think it's not worth it to delay an upload even longer.

All the other things are done, so it's time to think about an upload...
I have just updated the latest version date to 2016-07-09.

Is there something else needed for an upload?
Would someone please take care of this?

Holger
Created with Sylpheed 3.5.0 under
D E B I A N L I N U X 8 . 0 " J E S S I E " .

W. Martin Borgert
2016-07-09 11:00:01 UTC
I would do, but probably not before the 20th of this month.
Holger Wansing
2016-07-10 12:40:02 UTC
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Post by Holger Wansing
Is there something else needed for an upload?
Would someone please take care of this?
I would do, but probably not before the 20th of this month.
That would be perfectly fine for me.

Thanks
Holger

-
W. Martin Borgert
2016-07-30 12:20:02 UTC
Post by Holger Wansing
Post by W. Martin Borgert
I would do, but probably not before the 20th of this month.
That would be perfectly fine for me.
Sorry, I slacked 10 days already.

One question to Holger and the -doc team:

Would it be OK, if I move the package source to a git repository, e.g. collab-maint?

If yes, I would do this change first.

Cheers
Joost van Baal-Ilić
2016-07-30 15:00:02 UTC
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Post by Holger Wansing
Post by W. Martin Borgert
I would do, but probably not before the 20th of this month.
That would be perfectly fine for me.
Sorry, I slacked 10 days already.
Would it be OK, if I move the package source to a git repository, e.g. collab-maint?
If yes, I would do this change first.
FWIW: I, for one, would be very happy.

Bye,

Joost
Holger Wansing
2016-07-30 19:00:01 UTC
Post by Joost van Baal-Ilić
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Post by Holger Wansing
Post by W. Martin Borgert
I would do, but probably not before the 20th of this month.
That would be perfectly fine for me.
Sorry, I slacked 10 days already.
Would it be OK, if I move the package source to a git repository, e.g. collab-maint?
If yes, I would do this change first.
FWIW: I, for one, would be very happy.
If that makes an benefit in some way I have no objections, of course.

Holger

--
Sent from my Jolla phone
htt
Holger Wansing
2016-08-01 22:50:01 UTC
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Post by Holger Wansing
Is there something else needed for an upload?
Would someone please take care of this?
I would do, but probably not before the 20th of this month.
thanks for the upload!

I have checked all the files, and all looks fine to me.

Regards

W. Martin Borgert
2016-08-01 23:00:01 UTC
Post by Holger Wansing
thanks for the upload!
I have checked all the files, and all looks fine to me.
Thanks for checking! Everything is now in
https://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/refcard.git
Whenever you need a new version, just drop me a line.

Cheers

Btw. it looks like only three languages, "ar", "he", and "ml",
are handled by xmlroff, while all others are handled by dblatex.
Maybe we can try to use dblatex for everything and simplify the
Makefile and some point.
Joost van Baal-Ilić
2016-08-02 06:50:01 UTC
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Post by Holger Wansing
thanks for the upload!
I have checked all the files, and all looks fine to me.
Thanks for checking! Everything is now in
https://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/refcard.git
For those with r/w access:

% gbp clone ssh+git://git.debian.org/git/collab-maint/refcard.git

.

Thanks a lot, W. Martin!

Bye,

Joost
Makefile and some point.
Holger Wansing
2016-08-02 19:10:01 UTC
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Btw. it looks like only three languages, "ar", "he", and "ml",
are handled by xmlroff, while all others are handled by dblatex.
Maybe we can try to use dblatex for everything and simplify the
Makefile and some point.
Yes, I made some progress on moving languages from xmlroff to dblatex,
leaving just that three on xmlroff.

But as already stated before, I am lacking special dblatex knowledge, to
do more advanced work on this.
And additionally, I have no active translators for ar and ml. So I have
no proofreader, which why I don't want to perform much aggressive changings
on that languages ATM.

ar and he are also special cases, because of RTL.
And ml has never been well supported by translator, there have always been only
some stubs around for ml. It is 30t, 1f, 161u ATM. So we could think about
removing ml?

W. Martin Borgert
2016-08-02 19:40:01 UTC
Post by Holger Wansing
And additionally, I have no active translators for ar and ml. So I have
no proofreader, which why I don't want to perform much aggressive changings
on that languages ATM.
Maybe we need another "call for translators", esp. for ar and he.
And, yes, ar and he will not work easily without expert help!
Yes, just keep it under po4a/, but remove it from the Makefile.
Holger Wansing
2016-08-02 19:50:01 UTC
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Post by Holger Wansing
And additionally, I have no active translators for ar and ml. So I have
no proofreader, which why I don't want to perform much aggressive changings
on that languages ATM.
Maybe we need another "call for translators", esp. for ar and he.
he is fully translated. And he translator was very responsive, so there would
be no problem with he.
Post by Holger Wansing
And ml has never been well supported by translator, there have always been only
some stubs around for ml. It is 30t, 1f, 161u ATM. So we could think about
removing ml?
Yes, just keep it under po4a/, but remove it from the Makefile.
Ok.

PS: I have no write access to collab-maint ATM, but I have already
requested for it.

Holger Wansing
2016-08-14 18:40:01 UTC
Post by Holger Wansing
Hi,
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Post by Holger Wansing
And additionally, I have no active translators for ar and ml. So I have
no proofreader, which why I don't want to perform much aggressive changings
on that languages ATM.
Maybe we need another "call for translators", esp. for ar and he.
he is fully translated. And he translator was very responsive, so there would
be no problem with he.
On ar: yes, I wanted ping the ar translator again.
I got a negative answer from ar translator, due to lack of time.
Post by Holger Wansing
And ml has never been well supported by translator, there have always been only
some stubs around for ml. It is 30t, 1f, 161u ATM. So we could think about
removing ml?
Yes, just keep it under po4a/, but remove it from the Makefile.
Ok.
I renamed po4a/ml.po into po4a/ml.po~
So ml is no longer being built. The languages are not separately listed in
the Makefile; it's just
PO_FILES=$(wildcard po4a/*.po)
Post by Holger Wansing
PS: I have no write access to collab-maint ATM, but I have already
requested for it.
I have been told that as a DD I have write access to collab-maint, just
need to use holgerw instead of holger-guest. And - yes, it works that way.
So write access to repo works again.