[#787153 debian-faq] Section 15.3 - Remove Obsolete section - Faster booting
Holger Wansing
2016-05-16 13:50:01 UTC

reported in #787153:

in section "Changes expected in the next major release of Debian " there
currently is "Faster booting: Dependency based boot sequence", see
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-nexttime.en.html#s-dependencybasedboot
This is no longer true for Stretch.

Ok for me to remove that section, as suggested in that bug?

Holger
Created with Sylpheed 3.5.0 under
D E B I A N L I N U X 8 . 0 " J E S S I E " .

Holger Wansing
2016-05-28 19:30:01 UTC
Post by Holger Wansing
Hi,
in section "Changes expected in the next major release of Debian " there
currently is "Faster booting: Dependency based boot sequence", see
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-nexttime.en.html#s-dependencybasedboot
This is no longer true for Stretch.
Ok for me to remove that section, as suggested in that bug?
I can see no counter-arguments against this, so I will commit that shortly,
if noone objects.

Holger Wansing
2016-06-13 20:30:01 UTC
Control: tags -1 + pending
Post by Holger Wansing
Hi,
Post by Holger Wansing
Hi,
in section "Changes expected in the next major release of Debian " there
currently is "Faster booting: Dependency based boot sequence", see
https://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-faq/ch-nexttime.en.html#s-dependencybasedboot
This is no longer true for Stretch.
Ok for me to remove that section, as suggested in that bug?
I can see no counter-arguments against this, so I will commit that shortly,
if noone objects.
Just committed.

thanks