Question about where to start
r***@tutanota.com
2022-06-02 20:50:01 UTC
Hello folks. My name is Reinaldo Espinosa, I'm from Cuba, I'm writing here because I will like to contribute to Debian Documentation and translation efforts (I know they're both separate mailing list) the thing is I don't really know how to start contributing. Best regards.
Enviado con Tutanota, disfruta del correo seguro y sin publicidad.
Joost van Baal-Ilić
2022-06-04 05:50:01 UTC
Hi Reinaldo,

Thank you for your interest in debian-doc and translation work.
Post by r***@tutanota.com
Hello folks. My name is Reinaldo Espinosa, I'm from Cuba, I'm writing here
because I will like to contribute to Debian Documentation and translation
efforts (I know they're both separate mailing list) the thing is I don't
really know how to start contributing. Best regards.
Some starting points are at https://www.debian.org/doc/ddp , and (links to)
general information for people willing to contribute to Debian is supplied by
the Debian Mentors project at https://wiki.debian.org/DebianMentors .

I just had another look around, and in the list of bugs with the 'newcomer'
tag at https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?tag=newcomer I've found
some in the 'packaging-tutorial' package.

Is there any specific document maintained by the documentation team you'd like
to work on?

If you come up with a more specific question, please ask!

Happy Hacking, Bye,

Joost