Move refcard to salsa?
W. Martin Borgert
2018-05-08 13:10:02 UTC

if nobody objects, I would move the refcard git repo from
collab-maint to the Debian group at salsa these days.

Cheers
Holger Wansing
2018-05-10 07:40:01 UTC
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Hi,
if nobody objects, I would move the refcard git repo from
collab-maint to the Debian group at salsa these days.
I have no objections, of course.
Could I gain upload rights there? Thanks

Holger
--
Holger Wansing <***@mailbox.org>
PGP-Finterprint: 496A C6E8 1442 4B34 8508 3529 59F1 87CA 156E B076
W. Martin Borgert
2018-05-11 09:00:02 UTC
Post by Holger Wansing
Post by W. Martin Borgert
if nobody objects, I would move the refcard git repo from
collab-maint to the Debian group at salsa these days.
Correction: There is even a ddp group, so I'll put it there:
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ddp/refcard
(not yet there!)
You are member of the ddp group, so I assume yes.
W. Martin Borgert
2018-05-11 22:50:02 UTC
Post by W. Martin Borgert
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ddp/refcard
Oops: ddp is not a group, but an empty repository.
Why is that so? What is it good for?
Shouldn't there be a DDP group with refcard and other stuff as projects?

Cheers
Joost van Baal-Ilić
2018-05-12 08:20:01 UTC
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Post by W. Martin Borgert
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ddp/refcard
Oops: ddp is not a group, but an empty repository.
Why is that so? What is it good for?
Somebody made a mistake, I'd guess. Or maybe somebody thought about storing
shared ddp infastructure scripts there? We do have
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/ddp/ddp.git/ : empty too.
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Shouldn't there be a DDP group with refcard and other stuff as projects?
Ideally refcard, faq, release-notes, project-history etc. would all be
standalone git repositories (after possibly being converted from svn to git) at
salsa.

I just saw that

ddp/debian-reference
ddp/maint-guide
ddp/securing-debian-howto

have a git repo @ alioth; those would have to get migrated from alioth to salsa
(if they haven't yet).

Bye,

Joost
W. Martin Borgert
2018-05-12 09:20:01 UTC
Post by Joost van Baal-Ilić
Ideally refcard, faq, release-notes, project-history etc. would all be
standalone git repositories (after possibly being converted from svn to git) at
salsa.
D'accord. Question:
- shall we have a "ddp" group on salsa.d.o with those repos, or
- shall we put them (like ddp.git now) under "debian"

I'm in favour of a "ddp" group, but AFAIK this must be requested
to the Salsa admins.
Holger Wansing
2018-05-12 10:00:01 UTC
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Post by Joost van Baal-Ilić
Ideally refcard, faq, release-notes, project-history etc. would all be
standalone git repositories (after possibly being converted from svn to git) at
salsa.
- shall we have a "ddp" group on salsa.d.o with those repos, or
- shall we put them (like ddp.git now) under "debian"
I'm in favour of a "ddp" group, but AFAIK this must be requested
to the Salsa admins.
+1 for the ddp group.
That would be similar solution as www- and installer-team
handles it for their repos.

Holger

Sent from my Joll
Joost van Baal-Ilić
2018-05-12 10:40:01 UTC
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Post by Joost van Baal-Ilić
Ideally refcard, faq, release-notes, project-history etc. would all be
standalone git repositories (after possibly being converted from svn to git) at
salsa.
- shall we have a "ddp" group on salsa.d.o with those repos, or
- shall we put them (like ddp.git now) under "debian"
I'm in favour of a "ddp" group, but AFAIK this must be requested
to the Salsa admins.
If putting our repos under a "ddp" group means write-access to our repos is
shared, then I'm in favour of that: it'd save administrative overhead in the
long run.

Thanks, Bye,

Joost
W. Martin Borgert
2018-05-12 11:20:01 UTC
Post by Joost van Baal-Ilić
If putting our repos under a "ddp" group means write-access to our repos is
shared, then I'm in favour of that: it'd save administrative overhead in the
long run.
That's my understanding: We can give write access to
non-DDs/non-DMs, as long as we (DDP) trust them...

OK, there is now
https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team
and
https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/refcard

I added just a bunch of people, please just add whoever I missed.
Joost van Baal-Ilić

Bye, Joost
Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
2018-05-12 14:10:01 UTC
Post by Joost van Baal-Ilić
long run.
That's my understanding: We can give write access to
non-DDs/non-DMs, as long as we (DDP) trust them...
OK, there is now
https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team
and
https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/refcard
I added just a bunch of people, please just add whoever I missed.
It feels like we are not organising ourselves sufficiently. Is there any
way we can move the DDP (project) into the ddp-team (group)?
I only see an option to create a new project and I rather not duplicate the
work I did yesterday if it can be avoided.

As I mentioned in my previous email in my view we should first move all of
DDP SVN "as is", preserving all the history of the former repository. Then
we could break apart into separate repositories those documents which are
currently in trunk.

Best regards

Javier
W. Martin Borgert
2018-05-12 15:40:01 UTC
Post by Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
It feels like we are not organising ourselves sufficiently. Is there any
way we can move the DDP (project) into the ddp-team (group)?
I only see an option to create a new project and I rather not duplicate the
work I did yesterday if it can be avoided.
You can just move the debian/ddp.git repo to the new ddp-team namespace:
Go to https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ddp/edit
then General project settings
then Advanced settings
then Transfer project (to "ddp-team")
You can also first fill the project with everything and later
transfer it.
Post by Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
As I mentioned in my previous email in my view we should first move all of
DDP SVN "as is", preserving all the history of the former repository. Then
we could break apart into separate repositories those documents which are
currently in trunk.
Maybe in
https://salsa.debian.org/mehdi/salsa-scripts
is already a script to do everything?
But I see only git related stuff there, no svn :~(
Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
2018-05-12 18:50:01 UTC
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Post by Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
It feels like we are not organising ourselves sufficiently. Is there any
way we can move the DDP (project) into the ddp-team (group)?
I only see an option to create a new project and I rather not duplicate
the
Post by Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
work I did yesterday if it can be avoided.
Go to https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ddp/edit
then General project settings
then Advanced settings
then Transfer project (to "ddp-team")
You can also first fill the project with everything and later
transfer it.
If I go to General -> Advanced I just see "Housekeeping" and "Rename
repository" options. No option to transfer the project apparently.

Maybe an alternative to that is to export it and re-import in in the
ddp-team space and remove the 'ddp' project.
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Post by Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
As I mentioned in my previous email in my view we should first move all
of
Post by Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
DDP SVN "as is", preserving all the history of the former repository.
Then
Post by Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
we could break apart into separate repositories those documents which are
currently in trunk.
Maybe in
https://salsa.debian.org/mehdi/salsa-scripts
is already a script to do everything?
But I see only git related stuff there, no svn :~(
Marcos has already manually managed the move from SVN to GIT, so I believe
we will use that. I believe the SVN move to GIT is not easily automated,
that is maybe why there is no script for SVN there.

Best regards

Javier
W. Martin Borgert
2018-05-12 20:50:01 UTC
Post by Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
If I go to General -> Advanced I just see "Housekeeping" and "Rename
repository" options. No option to transfer the project apparently.
This can be done only be users with "owner" rights, it seems.
Post by Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
Maybe an alternative to that is to export it and re-import in in the
ddp-team space and remove the 'ddp' project.
What exactly needs to be exported? The ddp project is empty
anyway. Anything else?

Cheers
W. Martin Borgert
2018-05-12 20:50:01 UTC
I already created 33 repos with obsolete documents destined to attic and
Great, thanks!
* harden-doc
* release-notes
* project-history
* debian-faq
* java-faq
* hamradio-handbook
I believe that some DD have to create the empty repos on Salsa so i can
upload them.
I create the six empty repos above in
https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team
For any more, just tell me!

I suggest to use "debian/master" as default branch name, because
that's what DEP-14 says.
W. Martin Borgert
2018-05-12 23:40:02 UTC
Now, I just need an attic with 33 repositories for the obsolete documents.
https://salsa.debian.org/ddp-team/attic
W. Martin Borgert
2018-05-14 21:50:02 UTC
What i need is an attic directory to upload repos here.
OK, I removed the empty attic project and created a group.
I assume, that you cannot create git repos in there.
Please try anyway, and if it does not work, just send me the
complete list of names and I will create them.
(Or anybody else with sufficient permission can do this.)

Cheers & thanks again for your work on this!
W. Martin Borgert
2018-05-17 08:40:01 UTC
Thanks for creating this group. As you say, i cannot create repos
myself. This is the "attic-inventory".
Done. I hope, I did not miss anything.

Cheers
W. Martin Borgert
2018-05-17 21:40:01 UTC
I hopefully filled all attic's repos.
Great, many thanks!

Joost van Baal-Ilić
2018-05-13 08:30:01 UTC
Hi Marcos,
I uploaded all repositories but harden-doc because Javier already
uploaded it at securing-debian-howto. I hope that all migrations were
properly done!
<snip>

This is really awesome! Thanks a lot for this excellent work.

Bye, Joost, now enjoying "git clone ***@salsa.debian.org:ddp-team/debian-faq.git"
Holger Wansing
2018-05-13 09:30:02 UTC
Hi
I uploaded all repositories but harden-doc because Javier already
uploaded it at securing-debian-howto. I hope that all migrations were
properly done!
Shouldn't this be changed from "securing-debian-howto" to
"securing-debian-manual", as it is referred to on d.o./doc/ ?
(at d.o./doc there is an explicit section "howto", but this document is
not listed there, but under "manuals").

Additionally, shouldn't the Debian Reference be moved from "Debian" group
to ddp group? (Osamu in CC)

Holger
Created with Sylpheed 3.5.1 under
D E B I A N L I N U X 9 " S T R E T C H " .

Javier Fernandez-Sanguino
2018-05-12 14:00:01 UTC
On 12 May 2018 at 09:51, Joost van Baal-Ilić <
Post by Joost van Baal-Ilić
Hi,
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Post by W. Martin Borgert
https://salsa.debian.org/debian/ddp/refcard
Oops: ddp is not a group, but an empty repository.
Yes, this was just created.
Post by Joost van Baal-Ilić
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Why is that so? What is it good for?
Somebody made a mistake, I'd guess. Or maybe somebody thought about storing
shared ddp infastructure scripts there? We do have
https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/ddp/ddp.git/ : empty too.
That was not a mistake, the idea was to move all of SVN to that GIT
repository. It is currently empty because the migration has not taken place
yet.
Post by Joost van Baal-Ilić
Post by W. Martin Borgert
Shouldn't there be a DDP group with refcard and other stuff as projects?
Ideally refcard, faq, release-notes, project-history etc. would all be
standalone git repositories (after possibly being converted from svn to git) at
salsa.
We can create a DDP group in Salsa for those repositories, how is this
done? I am certainly new to Salsa myself.
Post by Joost van Baal-Ilić
I just saw that
ddp/debian-reference
ddp/maint-guide
ddp/securing-debian-howto
(if they haven't yet).
FWIW, the securing-debian-howto GIT repository at Alioth does not have the
same contents as SVN. This was migrated from SVN and then changes were done
to migrate from debiandoc-sgml to XML. We will migrate this as an
independent repository to Salsa, but this has not taken place yet.

Best regards

Javier